We provide wrap-around legal services to individuals with arrest or conviction histories causing barriers to successful reintegration into society. We address the many and varied collateral consequences of criminal convictions and incarceration through legal representation across a wide array of practice areas, including:
- Housing – evictions, housing denials, landlord/tenant issues
- Public Benefits (CalWORKs, Medi-Cal, CalFresh, General Assistance) – denials, terminations, overpayments, sanctions
- Suspended Driver’s Licenses & Traffic Court Debt
- Criminal Record Remedies – “expungements,” reduction of felonies to misdemeanors, early termination of probation, record sealing
- Employment – background checks, employment denials, occupational licensing appeals
- Consumer – debt, credit reporting, identity theft
Reentry attorneys are available to serve clients in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
Get Legal Help
CONNECT WITH REENTRY HELP IN CONTRA COSTA AND ALAMEDA COUNTIES
UPCOMING LEGAL CLINICS
Bay Area Legal Aid provides monthly Know Your Rights training throughout Alameda County.