ALERT: You do not need to pay any money to get your Economic Impact Payment.
If you need help accessing your Economic Impact Payment, there are many high quality and free services available for you, including:
- United Way’s 211 Economic Impact Payment Helpline – (844) 322-3639 or https://www.211.org/pages/stimuluscheck
- IRS’ Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites – to find the site nearest you, please visit https://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/
- Hospitality House: 146 Leavenworth or 181 6th Street, San Francisco. EIP help hours are Monday 2-4:30 pm, Tues-Thurs 9:15-4:30 pm, and Friday 9:15 – 1 pm.
If you believe you were the victim of fraud, please contact:
- US Treasury OIG complaint link: https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/
- CA Attorney General: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company
Be aware that there is a high risk of fraud connected to Economic Impact Payments, and many individuals and companies are trying to charge people to “help” them get their payment.
If you have any questions about your Economic Impact Payment, please visit www.baylegal.org/eip or call our Legal Advice Line at (800) 551-5554.