BayLegal has an exciting opening for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to serve as our IT Technical Support Specialist. BayLegal is committed to being on the forefront of technology enabled legal services. The IT Technical Support Specialist will be primarily responsible for desktop support and ensure that trouble tickets submitted by staff receive timely responses. This position will also be responsible for working with the IT Manager to design, test and implement new technology solutions. Finally, this role will provide support to the IT Manager as needed and required. This position reports directly to the IT Manager.
This position works collaboratively with the IT Manager on the maintenance of the telecommunications network, IT infrastructure, and Internet connectivity across our seven offices; This position is also responsible for monitoring and timely responding to tech support service tickets and providing local office desktop support and network administration in local offices, and consulting with users to gain an understanding of their technology needs, and collaborate with the IT Manager on meeting these needs.
Skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two years of experience in providing technical support, managing networks, enterprise systems and cloud services.
- Demonstrated expertise with Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange and MSSQL, including demonstrated knowledge of Windows security.
- Demonstrated experience in technical support of Windows computers, including managing computers across a distributed network.
- Hands-on, results-oriented problem solver with excellent time management skills.
- Inquisitive and self-directed with an ability to anticipate what needs may arise in the future.’
- Strong organizational, language, and communication skills.
- Positive attitude, with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service orientation, professionalism as a core competency.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is based on a competitive salary scale. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental, and life insurance; long term disability; paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave; and 401k retirement plan.
Bay Area Legal Aid thrives on our diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis, but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to: Human Resources Department, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to refer to the “IT Tech Support Specialist” in the title of your email.
In a separate page from your cover letter, please address the following:
BayLegal’s clients are low- and very low-income members of our communities. They include the working poor, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities. To ensure our organization is best serving these populations, BayLegal strives to promote an evolving set of behaviors and attitudes amongst our staff, as well as policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with clients, with our coworkers, and with the community. We see this as a commitment to enhance the provision of our services to all clients; to raise the level of positive client outcomes; and to create an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued.
How do you think your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural humility and diversity amongst our staff? Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences.