Are you interested in using your technology experience and expertise to further social justice and make a difference in your community? Are you interested in working in an environment that leverages technology for good? Are you interested in designing workflows using cloud applications? Are you excited to support user training? Join BayLegal’s IT Team
Bay Area Legal Aid (BayLegal) ensures fairness in the civil justice system for the most vulnerable members of our community. As a regional poverty law firm that has been serving our local communities since the 1960s, we are committed to working alongside our clients and community partners to address inter-generational poverty and social inequality. We practice in multiple legal substantive areas to help our clients protect their livelihoods, their health, and their families. BayLegal works to prevent domestic violence and sexual assault, increase economic stability, protect consumers, expand access to healthcare, and prevent homelessness. Our clients include the working poor, families with children, foster youth, seniors, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities. By serving clients at a wide range of access points, including our six regional county offices, our mobile advocacy clinics, and our nationally recognized legal hotlines, BayLegal has a unique viewpoint to identify patterns of illegal practices and barriers to our clients’ rights in need of broader advocacy and potential impact litigation. For our clients, BayLegal makes the difference between staying in poverty and thriving toward a brighter future.
Do you want to champion values, culture, and people initiatives to enable our employees to be the best they can be? Then work with us on our mission to ensure fairness in the civil justice system for the most vulnerable members of our community. From Silicon Valley to Napa Valley, we help clients protect their livelihoods, their health, and their families. Our clients include the working poor, families with children, foster youth, seniors, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Through our regional county offices, our mobile advocacy clinics, and our nationally-recognized Legal Advice Line, BayLegal prevents domestic violence and sexual assault, increases economic stability, protects consumers, and expands health access.
BayLegal has an exciting opening for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to serve as our IT Applications Administrator. BayLegal is committed to being at the forefront of technology-enabled legal services. The IT Applications Administrator will be primarily responsible for leveraging advanced-level/domain knowledge to design, develop, maintain, and execute testing of new and integrated application functionality and procedures. This position will also be responsible for working with BayLegal’s IT Manager to research, design, test, and implement new and ongoing technology strategies and solutions. This position reports directly to the IT Manager. The successful candidate must clear a live scan.
- Provides highly complex programming and support functions to support a Hybrid-cloud computing model as needed to facilitate day-to-day business application use in a distributed network environment.
- Provides second-level end-user support for the most complex end-user application administration requests and requirements.
- Analyzes and resolves application data problems and leverages analytical tools to identify and document any trends to drive proactive problem resolution.
- Communicates with end-users and third-party vendors to obtain requirements for major projects and application updates.
- Works closely with vendors to resolve issues and manage deployments.
- Documents processes and procedures.
- Directly supports BayLegal end-users at the office or remote work site.
- Resolves Request/Incident tickets from users and provides telephone and onsite technical support to troubleshoot and fix the most complex application-use problems.
- Provides training on approved hardware and software applications.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- Track, update and resolve end-user support requests via BayLegal’s Salesforce ticket-tracking software.
- Travel to BayLegal offices.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in providing technical support, managing networks, enterprise systems and cloud application services.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Cloud computing, specifically Salesforce CRM software, and DocuSign.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server technology Microsoft Windows 10 computers, and security systems.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high-level customer service standards.
- Hands-on, results-oriented problem solver with excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and an ability to work collaboratively and independently with a dynamic team.
- Humility in working with colleagues and clients across the spectrum of diversity, including race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, immigrant status, religious identity, physical and mental disabilities, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Excellent customer service orientation, professionalism as a core competency.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for crafting effective messages and instructions for diverse professional non-IT end-users.
- Demonstrated ability to safeguard sensitive information and work with professionalism and integrity.
COVID-19 remote work:
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, all BayLegal employees are currently working remotely from home. While BayLegal has implemented detailed health and safety protocols to minimize risk of exposure and have an evolving plan for reopening our local offices, we anticipate remaining primarily remote at least throughout the rest of 2020. All employees are expected to be able to primarily work remotely from home until BayLegal determines it is safe to reopen offices. All employees are issued BayLegal computers, provided with appropriate supplies and BayLegal covers reasonable work-related expenses. BayLegal has implemented and continues to explore additional technologies to make working remotely as efficient and connected as possible. All employees receive a flat-rate monthly amount to cover the use of personal IT equipment, including internet and home office. Due to the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on personal lives, BayLegal is open to providing flexibility regarding work schedules and part-time or full-time employment to the extent feasible for the position.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a diverse, family friendly environment, and compensation based on competitive public interest salaries along with a generous benefits package. BayLegal’s benefits package includes 100% employer covered medical, dental, and life insurance for employees and up to 40-50% for dependents; long term disability insurance; stipends for bilingual employees whose language skills are used in the provision of work tasks; student debt repayment program; dependent childcare employer contribution program; and 401k retirement plan following first year. Paid leave policy includes sick leave; parental leave; 14 holidays each year and vacation (starting at 13 days and increasing with additional years of employment).
BayLegal thrives on our diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send the following materials to email@example.com, and reference “Applications Administrator” in the subject line of the email:
- Cover letter including responding to question below (does not need to be limited to one page).
- Writing Sample. (Please provide a writing sample of instructions for non-IT end-users. Choose an application of your choice).
- 3 references
As part of your cover letter, please address the following:
BayLegal’s clients are low- and very low-income members of our communities. They include persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, working poor, seniors, veterans, people with disabilities and persons from other underrepresented groups. To ensure our organization is best serving these populations, BayLegal strives to promote an evolving set of behaviors and attitudes amongst our staff, as well as policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with clients, with our coworkers, and with the community. We see this as a commitment to enhance the provision of our services to all clients; to raise the level of positive client outcomes; and to create an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued.
How do you think your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to serve our client base effectively and to contribute to our commitment to humility, inclusion and diversity? Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences.