Legal Clinic Calendar
Important Notice Concerning Clinic Availability and Public Health:
What is the event? The non-profit United Policyholders, in partnership with Bay Area Legal Aid, California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc., and the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, will present basic information on laws and consumer protections related to insurance policies, coverage and claim settlements, immediately followed by one-on-one consultations with volunteer lawyers with expertise in insurance legal matters.
Who should attend? Homeowners and renters whose insured property was damaged or destroyed in the recent wildfires. Some of the issues you can discuss with an attorney may include but are not limited to:
- What can I do if my insurer is offering less money than I believe I’m entitled to?;
- What are my rights if I’m underinsured?;
- What can I do if I don’t have enough money to rebuild?;
- My adjuster is uncooperative or hard to communicate with;
- I want to buy a replacement home instead of rebuilding;
- I’m concerned about smoke damage and my health; and
- I’m considering hiring a public adjuster or attorney.
TO RESERVE A SPOT, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more resources and information visit: www.uphelp.org/NorthBayFires
Are you looking for support around gender marker & name changes?
The San Mateo County Pride Center is working with Bay Area Legal Aid to host a legal clinic to help you in this process! Volunteers and attorneys with Bay Area Legal Aid will be available to assist our community with these vital document changes for Social Security, Passports, Driver’s Licenses and filing to receiving a Court Order. We will also be aiding folks in filling out the fee waiver.
Please call 650-465-6795 to RSVP.
Download the flyer: Name and Gender Marker Clinic English + Spanish