Legal Clinic Calendar
Important Notice Concerning Clinic Availability and Public Health:
What is the event? The non-profit United Policyholders, in partnership with Bay Area Legal Aid, California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc., and the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, will present basic information on laws and consumer protections related to insurance policies, coverage and claim settlements, immediately followed by one-on-one consultations with volunteer lawyers with expertise in insurance legal matters.
Who should attend? Homeowners and renters whose insured property was damaged or destroyed in the recent wildfires. Some of the issues you can discuss with an attorney may include but are not limited to:
- What can I do if my insurer is offering less money than I believe I’m entitled to?;
- What are my rights if I’m underinsured?;
- What can I do if I don’t have enough money to rebuild?;
- My adjuster is uncooperative or hard to communicate with;
- I want to buy a replacement home instead of rebuilding;
- I’m concerned about smoke damage and my health; and
- I’m considering hiring a public adjuster or attorney.
TO RESERVE A SPOT, EMAIL: email@example.com
For more resources and information visit: www.uphelp.org/NorthBayFires
*Free *Spanish interpretation available
Are you looking for support around gender marker and/or name changes?
LGTBQ Connection Napa is working with Bay Area Legal Aid to host a legal clinic to help you in this process!
Bay Area Legal Aid is partnering with LGBTQ Connection to assist our community with filling out the paperwork for court- ordered name and/ or gender marker changes. Volunteers will also be available to help complete the necessary forms to change vital documents for Social Security, Passports, Driver’s Licenses/ID cards, and other identity documents.
Please RSVP with Bay Area Legal Aid at (707) 259-0579 or LGBTQ Connection at (707) 251-9432.