Santa Clara County
Phased Return to In-Person Office Hours
BayLegal’s Santa Clara County office in San Jose is now open to the public Mondays and Wednesdays 10am-12pm and 1pm-4pm. Though our physical offices have only limited public access, our staff continue to work remotely to serve our clients.
Please note the following about our office hours:
- Covid-19 restrictions: BayLegal is taking all precautions to protect our clients, staff and community and in compliance with Public Health advisories and orders. Only one household will be allowed in the lobby at a time, and everyone entering the building will have to wear masks. All clients entering past reception for appointments will need to answer a Covid-19 screening questionnaire.
- Client Services by Appointment: If you are a current client, please contact your attorney or call the general office phone number, 408-283-3700, to schedule appointments. All new clients: please contact our Legal Advice Line at 800-551-5554, or our Health Consumer Center at 855-693-7285.
- Documents: Clients can come to the office hours listed above to pick up and drop off documents as needed for their legal case.
- Reception services: Our reception can give basic referrals and self-help legal materials, and can schedule appointments on a limited basis. There will be no immediate assistance beyond this for people walking in without appointments. Do tell us, however, if you do not have phone or email access and we will work with you on how best to connect you with assistance.
- Health and Safety policies: Please consult our summary of BayLegal office health and safety policies before visiting:
We at BayLegal remain grateful to you for your engagement with and support of our work, particularly during this challenging time.
San Jose Office
Address: 4 North Second Street, Suite 600, San Jose, CA 95113
Telephone: (408) 283-3700
California Relay Service: Dial 7-1-1 or from TTY dial 1-800-735-2929 or visit California Relay Service for more information.
Fax: (408) 283-3750
Office Hours: For limited in-person hours, please see abobe. When it is safe to return to full-time, in-person work, office hours will be Monday through Friday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Public Transportation: Numerous VTA bus stops at First or Second & Santa Clara; Light Rail — Santa Clara Station; and Caltrain & Amtrak– San Jose Diridon Station. (Take free shuttle to 1st and San Fernando, walk to 4 N. 2nd St.)
Get Legal Help
LEGAL ADVICE LINE
HEALTH CONSUMER CENTER
Upcoming LEGAL CLINICS in Santa Clara County
Bay Area Legal Aid offers monthly Consumer Rights Clinics in San José. Click here for clinics at all Bay Area locations.