Phased Return to In-Person Office Hours
BayLegal’s Alameda County office in Oakland is now open to the public Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm. Though our physical offices have only limited public access, our staff continue to work remotely to serve our clients.
Please note the following about our office hours:
- Covid-19 restrictions: BayLegal is taking all precautions to protect our clients, staff and community and in compliance with Public Health advisories and orders. Only one household will be allowed in the lobby at a time, and everyone entering the building will have to wear masks. All clients entering past reception for appointments will need to answer a covid-19 screening questionnaire.
- Client Services by Appointment: If you are a current client, please contact your attorney or call the general office phone number, 510-663-4744, to schedule appointments. All new clients: please contact our Legal Advice Line at 800-551-5554, our Health Consumer Center at 855-693-7285, or or our Tenant’s Rights Line for Alameda County residents with housing issues at 888-382-3405.
- Documents: Clients can come to the office hours listed above to pick up and drop off documents as needed for their legal case.
- Reception services: Our reception can give basic referrals and self-help legal materials, and can schedule appointments on a limited basis. There will be no immediate assistance beyond this for people walking in without appointments. Do tell us, however, if you do not have phone or email access and we will work with you on how best to connect you with assistance.
- Health and Safety policies: Please consult our summary of BayLegal office health and safety policies before visiting:
We at BayLegal remain grateful to you for your engagement with and support of our work, particularly during this challenging time.
Address: 1735 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94612
California Relay Service: Dial 7-1-1 or from TTY dial 1-800-735-2929 or visit California Relay Service for more information.
Telephone: (510) 663-4744
Fax: (510) 663-4740
Office Hours: For planned limited reopening hours, please see above. When it is safe to return to full-time in-person work, office hours will be Monday through Friday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Public Transportation: The office is located one block west of the 19th Street BART station (Telegraph Avenue exit) and near numerous AC Transit bus lines.
Get Legal Help
Tenant’s Rights Line
Are you an Alameda County resident currently experiencing a housing-related legal issue? Call the Tenant’s Rights Line for free legal advice and referrals in all languages:
|Tenant’s Rights Line Schedule|
|Monday:||9:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Tuesday:||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday:||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Thursday:||9:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Friday:||9:30 am – 12:30 pm|
Bay Area Legal Aid’s Tenant’s Rights Line provides legal assistance to Alameda County residents only. We cannot guarantee that an attorney will represent you in your case, but we will provide advice and referrals to individuals who qualify for our services.
LEGAL ADVICE LINE
HEALTH CONSUMER CENTER
Alameda County 2-1-1
2-1-1 is a free and confidential service, available 24/7 and in all languages, that helps connect residents to other Alameda County agencies and resources.
Upcoming Legal Clinics in Alameda County
Bay Area Legal Aid offers monthly Consumer Rights Clinics in South Alameda County, as well as monthly Housing Know-Your-Rights training throughout the county. Click here for clinics in all Bay Area locations.
Consumer Rights Clinic (Fremont) 9:00 am