Important Notice Concerning Clinic Availability and Public Health:
Bay Area Legal Aid hosts Consumer Rights Clinics in Richmond at SparkPoint – Contra Costa West every First Friday of the month at 9:30 am and 1:00 pm.
BayLegal Staff and Volunteers assist with preparing answers and asserting defenses to third-party debt collection (junk debt buyer) lawsuits; protect exempt income from garnishment; prepare discovery; and stop debt collection harassment.
*RSVP Required: Please call 510-779-3200 to RSVP so we can provide appropriate staffing and translation.
Speak with an attorney about your consumer legal issues or if you are considering bankruptcy.
- Are you being sued on a credit card debt?
- Do you have a court date coming up in your debt collection lawsuit?
- Are you being harassed by debt collectors?
- Do you need foreclosure help?
- Are you struggling with the effects of foreclosure?
- Do you need information about bankruptcy?
- Do you want to find out if your income is protected from collection activities?
- Do you need help filing a wage garnishment claim of exemption?
- Are there errors on your credit report?