PLEASE NOTE CHANGED DATE: THIS CLINIC IS BEING HELD ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 10TH INSTEAD OF THE USUAL FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH. SCHEDULING WILL RETURN TO NORMAL IN AUGUST.
BayLegal Staff and Volunteers assist with preparing answers and asserting defenses to third-party debt collection (junk debt buyer) lawsuits; protect exempt income from garnishment; prepare discovery; and stop debt collection harassment.
*RSVP Required: Please call 510-779-3200 to RSVP so we can provide appropriate staffing and translation.
Speak with an attorney about your consumer legal issues or if you are considering bankruptcy.
- Are you being sued on a credit card debt?
- Do you have a court date coming up in your debt collection lawsuit?
- Are you being harassed by debt collectors?
- Do you need foreclosure help?
- Are you struggling with the effects of foreclosure?
- Do you need information about bankruptcy?
- Do you want to find out if your income is protected from collection activities?
- Do you need help filing a wage garnishment claim of exemption?
- Are there errors on your credit report?