Domestic Violence Prevention
BayLegal’s Domestic Violence Prevention Project takes a holistic approach to representing survivors from all walks of life. The family law unit’s services are designed to empower survivors with the information and options they need to stop the abuse and build safe, stable lives for themselves and their children. The project offers free legal assistance in obtaining restraining orders, divorces, support orders, safe custody and visitation orders.
BayLegal’s Domestic Violence Prevention practice work includes helping survivors with:
- Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs)
- Divorce, legal separation or annulments
- Child or spousal support
- Custody and visitation orders
- Battered spouse waivers
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) enforcement
- Immigration issues faced by domestic violence survivors – BayLegal does NOT handle DACA matters, please visit Catholic Charities for more information
- Training and community education
Please call our Legal Advice Line if you are trying to escape domestic violence and need legal help. Please call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing an emergency.
For more resources for domestic violence or family law issues, please click here.